Riverside Writers of Wirral
Riverside Writers are an enthusiastic and informal group who live and work on the Wirral Peninsula in Cheshire, England. They meet each month at 7:30pm, where they hold workshops, set group writing projects and offer constructive guidance. See below for the latest meeting information.
- Newton Village Hall
- 47 Grange Cross Lane,
- Newton CH48 8BJ
The group was formed in 1998, and its members include published authors plus absolute beginners, people who are developing writing careers and people who write purely for fun. Non-fiction writers, poets and fiction writers of all genres are equally welcomed.
The group also annually hosts public events, when members read their own original poetry and fiction to lively audiences.
Riverside Writers’ Aims:
1) To encourage people to write.
2) To offer constructive, polite criticism of each others’ work with the intention of improving writing skills.
3) To offer useful advice about the publishing industry.
4) To encourage use of the Internet as a networking tool.
5) To provide a friendly and informal atmosphere where writers of all genres and abilities can socialise.
- Chair: Peter Caton.
- Treasurer: Andy Siddle.
- Website: Ian Whiteley.
Quote of the day…